The Student News Site of Trottier Middle School

Gettin' Real with the Rams

Gettin' Real with the Rams

Gettin' Real with the Rams

Gettin' Real with the Rams

Brackets, Ballers, and Baskets: March Madness is Finally Here!

It’s That Time of Year

March Madness is a once-a-year event that hypes up all college basketball fans. So, why the excitement? It is a huge tournament, with 68 college teams and young student athletes that could be the next basketball prodigy and make it to the NBA. Here at Trottier, March Madness has been watched by many students. More than three-quarters of the students have been watching March Madness. So, read on to learn more about March Madness, the players, brackets!

Brackets

Brackets are the interactive part of March Madness, which is a popular thing at Trottier; it gives fans a chance to compete with peers and see how on point their picks are. It may be confusing for some, so this is how to do it. First, go to https://play.ncaa.com/ in the search box. Click sign up, but don’t use your real name! Then after the account is created, users will be redirected to a group homepage. Then click on View Picks. From there users can choose who moves on and who doesn’t. After choices and picks are chosen, click submit. NOTE: Changes can not be made once submitted. You will be redirected to your bracket homepage where you can see where you rank overall, your points, your points remaining, and upset points. 

Players and Teams

Some of the players that have participated in this year’s tournament have ranged from NBA draft prospects to Tiktokers. Here at Trottier, students liked players such as Purdue’s center Zach Edey who is one of the best centers in college basketball and, from our own school, Alex Karaban, a power forward for the UCONN Huskies.  Fans have also taken interest in women’s college basketball, following players such as Caitlin Clark, Iowa State’s starting point guard and Paige Bueckers, the UCONN Huskies’ starting point guard. Along with the players, people at Trottier have been rooting for their favorite teams to win the tournament. Some of the popular choices for the men’s tournament were UCONN, Purdue, and NC state, and for the women’s tournament the favorite was Iowa.

Conclusion

March Madness is a very exciting and important event because it allows many NCAA players to have the opportunity to go pro, and it gives fans a sneak peek into the next generation of basketball players.  The tournament showcases players who could possibly go on to make history and a name for themselves in the world of pro basketball.